Client Care Coordinator
One Year Contract – FT
The position reports to the Executive Director and is based in Barrie, Ontario. This position will have responsibility for client care and case management for our HIV positive clients and their families as well as outreach, support groups and workshop facilitation, stakeholder engagement, volunteer management and program evaluation.
The Gilbert Centre for Social and Support Services is a registered, not-for-profit, charitable organization. Since its inception in 1995; the mandate of the organization has broadened to not only support people living with and affected by HIV, but to also support and celebrate the lives of the LGBTQ communities in Simcoe County and Muskoka Region. The Gilbert Centre is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors which provides strategic direction and vision to staff and volunteers in the pursuit of its mandate. Gilbert Centre covers a large catchment encompassing a significant geographic territory with a mix of small and mid-sized urban environments and rural settings.
- Provide client support, advocacy and referrals as necessary for people living with HIV, their partners and children (when needed)
- Provide group support activities.
- Identify and develop partnership opportunities with agencies and groups in order to promote the health of clients.
- Coordinate the provision of the Positive Self-Management Program (PSMP)
- Maintain records in the OCHART/OCASE reporting tool in accordance with the program tracking and evaluation measures.
- Other administrative and operational duties and responsibilities as required.
- Formal education in a relevant field of study (social science, health promotion, social work, adult education or any related fields) and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
- At least two or more years’ experience working in the HIV/STBBI, LGBT, or within the health promotion field
- An understanding of health and social issues and factors relevant to LGBT and specifically HIV positive communities
- Demonstrated commitment to community development, engagement, and accountability practices
- Experience supervising volunteers
- Ability to work independently and on a flexible schedule
- Excellent computer skills
- French language proficiency is an asset and not a requirement
- Commitment to social justice, diversity, equity, and anti-oppression principles
- Superior communication skills, including written and verbal presentation skills, diplomatic and effective liaison and interpersonal skills including proficiency in English. French is an asset
- Valid driver’s license with regular access to a vehicle for work related duties is required.
The Gilbert Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to build an inclusive workforce that reflects the rich diversity of the community in which we live. To this end, we encourage applications from persons living with HIV/HCV, members of LGBT communities, individuals from First Nations, Inuit, and Métis communities, members of diverse ethno-cultural communities, and persons with dis/abilities.
This position is a one year fulltime contract with the possibility of renewal.
Start date: May 15, 2017
Please forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com by noon, Friday April 14, 2017.