Community Development and Education Coordinator
(Gay and MSM Sexual Health Specialist) Full Time (35 hours per week)
The Community Prevention and Education Coordinator, gay and men who have sex with men (MSM) Health Specialist will work with the Niagara Community to build local knowledge and community capacity to respond to HIV/AIDS in these high risk populations, and to ultimately improve the quality of life for those living with or affected by HIV/AIDS. The Coordinator will foster a systematic, evidence-informed, skilled, consistent and effective response to the sexual health needs of gay, bisexual, queer, two-spirit and other men who have sex with men (MSM), in order to reduce the transmission of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections.
- Develop and implement comprehensive awareness and education strategies to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS in the Niagara Region among the gay and MSM populations.
- Participate in local and provincial planning initiatives and work with local agencies to promote integration of HIV/AIDS into program and services.
- Raise awareness and inform local communities about HIV/AIDS and the need for prevention services with the target population.
- Prepare and deliver both general and target population specific presentations on a broad range of HIV-related issues, including stigma, social determinants of health, safer sex, safer drug use, harm reduction, and HIV prevention among the gay and men who have sex with men’s sector.
The incumbent will have the skills gained through a university degree or college diploma with extensive experience in the social services sector including knowledge of or experience with HIV/AIDS. They will have a valid Ontario driver’s license in good standing with access to a reliable vehicle. They will have case presentation, community education and outreach experience. The incumbent will have knowledge, experience and demonstrated comfort in working within the Gay and MSM communities.
These skills will include:
- Demonstrated organizational skills and Leadership skills
- Knowledge of computer system and software and multi-media
- Public relations and Community development skills
- Presentation skills
- French language skills are an asset
Forward Resume to Vanessa Fyfe by September 30th, 2016
120 Queenston St.
St. Catharines, ON L2R 2Z3
No telephone calls please
Those persons living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants but wish to advise that only those under consideration will be acknowledged