Job Description – Positive Leadership Development Institute™ Facilitator Part time (Occasional)
The Positive Leadership Development Institute™ (PLDI™) exists with the purpose of supporting people who are living with HIV/AIDS to realize their leadership potential and increase their capacity to participate meaningfully in community life. The Positive Leadership Development Institute™ is a program of the Ontario AIDS Network (OAN).
The Positive Leadership Development Institute™ is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, leaders and this means: we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of supporting the leadership development and empowerment of people who are HIV Positive,
This position is a part time position that requires work on weekends and the ability to travel. If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, engagement, making new connections with the most incredible people, and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you!
This position is for casual employment as a training consultant, to support the delivery of the PLDI™ curriculum throughout an annual cycle of trainings that may be held on weekdays, weekends and evening.
The Positive Leadership Development Institute™ Facilitator will:
- Co-facilitate trainings for the Positive Leadership Development Institute™.
- Promote the program to HIV Positive people throughout the Province and to the network of AIDS Service Organizations.
- Work in partnership with volunteers and staff in Ontario and other provinces
- Work collaboratively with other co-facilitators
- Complete all necessary session preparation and follow up
- Communicate consistently with co-facilitators and program coordinator
- This position reports to the PLDI™ Program Coordinator
- A graduate of all 3 of the HIV Positive Leadership Development Institute’s™ training programs
- A minimum of one year’s experience on the board of directors of a community organization
- Demonstrate expertise in conducting training workshops
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to disclose HIV positive status to PLDI™ participants
- Lived experience and connection with populations vulnerable to HIV in Ontario
- Fluent in French and English (able to give presentations in both languages)
- Flexible working schedule, including some evenings and weekend travel, must be able to travel outside of province
- Strong group facilitation skills
- Anti-oppressive, anti-homophobia and anti-racist perspectives and understanding
- Sound understanding and demonstrated commitment to the Greater Involvement of People with HIV/AIDS (GIPA Principle) and the Ontario Accord on GIPA
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Proven ability to turn conflict into learning
- Enthusiasm, positive sense of humor and commitment to community development
- Ability or willingness to assist with participant recruitment is desirable
Facilitators are considered independent contractors and will be paid for the delivery of successful training modules. Costs of transportation and meals, plus a childcare subsidy will be provided.
Please submit a cover letter describing your interest in the position along with a resume, in PDF format to Tara Jewal Coordinator and Trainer, PLDI™ at Tjewal@ontarioaidsnetowork.on.ca
Applications must be sent with the following email subject line “Positive Leadership Development Institute™ Facilitator”
Applications will be accepted until Friday, October 25, 2013 or until a suitable candidate is identified.
The Positive Leadership Development Institute™ sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or email inquiries please.
To download the PDF of this job description, please click here.