This Valentine’s Day, the Ontario AIDS Network is thinking of the thousands of women and young women who are living with HIV in our Province. Women living with HIV are among the many courageous and compassionate leaders in our movement and it’s important that we reflect upon their resilience and strength as positive women.
- To the women who do it all alone
- To the women who just moved to the country and are without support
- To the women who numb the pain
- To the women who just want to be heard
- To the women who just got dumped
- To the young girls who do not have a valentine
- To the women who still have dreams
- To the women that break stereotypes everyday
- To the women who build other women up instead of tearing them down
- To the women struggling to pay rent or do not know where the next meal will come from
- To the women who remain celibate because they are scared
- To the women who fight for equal pay
- To the women who took the brave steps to disclose to their children and new partner
To these and all other women living with HIV in Ontario, we salute you and we honour you. We are you and you are us.
A huge thank you to Brittany Cameron for the use of the photo above.