This year, the following seats are up for election:
- At-Large Non-Designated
- Central Non-Designated
- Eastern Designated
- Western Designated
Each regional caucus has the responsibility to endorse candidates for election at the AGM for seats that are eligible for election in a particular region. To be eligible to be nominated, an individual must be a voting representative or non-voting participant appointed by a Regular Member in good standing from the region for which the individual wishes to run. For the At-Large Non-Designated seat, the individual can be appointed by any Regular Member in good standing. The Designated seats are open to those people who are living with HIV and are comfortable disclosing their status publicly. Non-Designated seats are open to anyone, regardless of HIV status. Please take a moment to consider plans to nominate qualified candidates in your region or run yourself for election to the OAN Board.
Here are some ways, you can help us fill our board vacancies:
- Look to other agencies in your region which may have gone through this process before for advice and potential help identifying qualified candidates.
- Post OAN election details in your agency newsletters, on your agency website and bulletin boards.
- Consult an OAN board member for assistance in completing any documents and to review election guidelines and by-laws.
- Executive Directors are encouraged to connect with their staff and volunteers about any individuals who may come recommended for participation on the OAN Board.
- Connect with existing OAN Board members in order to obtain information about the OAN Board experience and election process.
Each Regular Member belongs to a regional caucus and has the opportunity to have input and endorse candidates for election to the board for any seats that are up for election in that region. Regular Members also have the right to send up to two delegates (voting representative and non-voting participant) to the AGM; if two are sent, one MUST be a PHA.
Deadline for nomination from submissions is 5 p.m. on Friday, April 7, 2017.